Friday, August 1, 2014

Why I do what I do...






You know those moments, when you have 1,000 thoughts bouncing around in your head and you don’t know which one to grab hold of and ponder on first. That’s how I feel sometimes. I need to do this, oh and I need to do that, wait something just came to mind I need to write it down before I forget. Ugh, then I go and do one of those things I needed to do and when I go to write what I was thinking down it doesn’t come out the way I originally thought. Half the time it barely makes since. Or if it does make since its not as vibrant as it was when I first thought of it. I’m still in the process of learning all of this. How to juggle being a writer and doing all the other things I have to do in life. God comes first, then my husband, then family, and friends. Within all of that I have my writing. My husband and I are also in Ministry (we are Youth Pastor’s and my husband is the Family Pastor of our church) so we stay very busy. I’m still trying to manage, when to clean the house and do other things I need to do. I’m not good at self-discipline. I need to be, I’m working on that as well. So needless to say that is why my posts are so spread out. I might do one post in a month, or I could do 10. I never can tell. I never would of thought I would become a blogger, but I am glad I did. This is a way for me to get my writing out into the world instead of keeping it to myself in a journal. Plus this is also a way I worship. The writing I do is all for the Glory of God! Matthew 5:16 is my go to verse for what I do, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven". That is why I do this, I want others to know christ and praise him. It’s not about me at all, its all about him!

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Sounds like you are juggling a lot. God knows you are working things out and you are ultimately trying to give Him glory. Stay the course.One day it will all come together...to a point. None of us is perfect, no one but Him. Writing is a wonderful way to praise our Father. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete