Tuesday, February 11, 2014

We are Blessed!



I was talking with some friends a few nights ago about how blessed we are to have the lives we have. The things we go through in life, the hardships, unexpected illnesses, etc. We should all stop and take a look at where we are and how we got here. Amazing to know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us and has his hand over us, because if he didn't we could not make it in this world. God has us where he wants us to be. He makes no mistakes.

I for one am thankful for what I have been through in life. I can tell you I was not thankful for the circumstances when I was going through them, to be honest I was asking God why? Why was I going through these things? Why was I hurting? Why did I feel so alone? (even though I was not alone because he was there with me, I just wasn't where I should of been in my walk with Jesus) He heard all my cries and prayers. Sometimes when I couldn't really say how I felt I could express through Writing. That's where my poem Broken with Remedy comes from. Really where it all started I guess you could say.

I was Broken but Jesus was my Remedy. I know I have not faced a lot of things that other people have. We all go through our different trials and tribulations. John 16:33 tell us we will have trials and tribulations: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world".  That verse says it all! We were told that our lives would not be perfect, that if you become a Christian its smooth sailing from here on out. Truly not the case. If anything Christians have it harder, but we have Jesus! That's a big but! If it wasn't for him we would not get through a lot of our trials. I know I wouldn't.

So with all that said, I want you to know that you are where God wants you to be. If you are going through a hard time right now its because God is making you stronger, he is preparing you for something. A verse that comes to my mind is 1 Peter 1:7 "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." I hope whatever you are going through, either good or bad, that you will be strong and seek the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment